The Illinois Heart & Lung Foundation’s Attack Asthma Program strives to increase awareness of pulmonary issues and improve the lung health of everyone in the community. “Attack Asthma” is our newest initiative… watch for things to come!
Are you confused on how to use a peak flow meter? Watch this instructive video from the American Lung Association to learn the correct technique!!
Do you ever wonder what exactly asthma is? Or how it works in the body? Here is a link to a TED-ed talk, about the main symptoms and treatments of asthma.
Does your child or someone else’s kid you know have asthma? The link below is as great Sesame Street shortened episode on asthma and what to do in case of an emergency!
Benefits of Quitting Smoking
- Your skin will be healthier.
- Your breath will be fresher.
- Your teeth will be whiter and healthier.
- Your clothes and hair will smell better.
- Your sense of taste and smell will improve.
- You will save money.
- If you just received your diagnosis of asthma or want to read up on more information regarding your illness, this article from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute is a great place to get many of your questions answered. Learn more: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/asthma
- Ever wonder what an asthma attack is or how they are treated? This web page from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention has wonderful information for you! Learn more: https://www.cdc.gov/asthma/faqs.htm
- Do you ever notice how some environments really flare up your asthma while others suppress it? The United States Environmental Protection Agency has a great article about the triggers of asthma and is found at the link below! Learn more: https://www.epa.gov/asthma/what-asthma
Links to online games with Asthma
Kids love to play computer games in this day in age and if you look hard enough you can find some educational ones out there! Below are three links to kid-friendly, informative games about asthma! Help your children learn about their illness while still having fun! J
Contact the IHLF to learn more about this fun, informative and empowering summer camp for kids with asthma.