If you are in a position to help, we ask for your participation in the Take Cover initiative. Take Cover is a coordinated and focused face-covering effort put together by the Illinois Heart & Lung Foundation (IHLF), the McLean County Health Department, the McLean County Health Department Medical Reserve Corps, Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, the Town of Normal Police and Fire Departments, the City of Bloomington Police and Fire Departments, and Starcrest Cleaners, to collect and strategically distribute cloth face coverings and non-medical masks to individuals and families in underserved and vulnerable communities. The initiative begins Friday, May 22nd, and runs through Monday, June 22nd.
The goal is to make sure everyone has the opportunity to “Take Cover” to help stop community transmission of the coronavirus and better protect the health and safety of residents at the highest risk of poor outcomes should they contract COVID-19.
Here’s How To Get Involved
Beginning Friday, May 22:
- Donate hand-sewn or commercially manufactured cloth face coverings and non-medical masks.
- Donate to the Take Cover fund at the Illinois Heart & Lung Foundation for the bulk purchase of face-coverings.
We are also looking for donations of fabric and thread for those who want to sew face coverings but are low on sewing supplies.
Financial contributions to the Take Cover fund can be submitted online through the IHLF website, https://ihlf.org or by mail to IHLF, 1302 Franklin Avenue, Suite 4500, Normal, IL 61761. Please include “Take Cover” in the memo line.
- IHLF – red collection bin under the main entrance canopy at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center
Accessible 24-hours, seven days a week
1304 Franklin Avenue, Normal
- MCHD – collection bin in Administration Office on 3rd Floor
Accessible 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
200 West Front Street, Bloomington
- Normal Police Department, collection bin in Lobby
Accessible 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., seven days a week
100 East Phoenix Avenue, Normal
- Bloomington Police Department, collection bin in Lobby
Accessible 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
305 South East Street, Bloomington